Ahh! My day was off to a lovely start today (no cake pop theft on the subway). It’s snowing, my train to school was on time for once, and I got the notification from the lovely Jessica at Product Hoochie saying she’d nominated me for the Liebster Award. I must admit I had no idea there were this many WordPress awards out there, but I am so flattered and honored that this fellow curvy gal who also happens to be a very talented blogger thought Big&Beautiful&Bold was worthy. Thanks Jessica!
The Liebster Award was started in Germany in order to give lesser-known bloggers some recognition. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy and important to them.
So here are the rules:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.
5) Remember, no tag backs.
Some Random Facts About Me:
- I have a recurring nightmare that I’m Alice and I get stuck in Wonderland.
- I haven’t set foot in a gym in over a year.
- I’m a romantic.
- I never wear jeans – not because I don’t think I look good in them or I can’t find ones that fit – simply because I find them constricting and think dresses are better.
- Root beer floats are one of my favorite things in the world.
- I often pretend I am in a 1950s movie.
- I like my belly.
- I blame romantic comedies for people’s false expectations of love.
- I watch Girls and feel depressed every time.
- The opening scene of Newsroom always makes me smile.
- I have a boyfriend and a best friend all in one (sorry, I had to slip in a mushy fact somewhere).
Answers To Jessica’s Questions:
- Why did you start blogging: I’ve always wanted to have a blog, and in fact I tried blogging a few times before. But I realized that plus-size news, fashion and anecdotes are something I truly care about and enjoy writing. And I guess I’m cocky enough to think people would like reading what I have to say
- What is your “day job”: I’m finishing up my BA at N.Y.U. and interning at Marie Claire.
- What is your least favorite current fashion trend: Fur. I just don’t get it.
- What is the one thing you do that other people think is fantastic: Probably giggle – I often go on and on and can’t stop.
- What was your biggest adventure: I decided to spend a year abroad, mainly in Spain and the Czech Republic. It was the best year of my life.
- What is your favorite cosmetic product: Rimmel lipstick – any shade!
- What perfume do you like most: I like Secret’s cocoa butter spray – it may not technically be perfume but it’s all I use.
- Who is your favorite person: Does it have to be a real person? In that case my boyfriend/best-friend/editor/therapist.
- What is your favorite book: A tie between The Little Prince and Into the Wild.
- What product would you love to try but you think it is too expensive: I’d really like to try more MAC products – preferably the lipsticks
- What beauty product do you think would change the world: Hmm I don’t really think any one thing can change the world, but I think if I had to pick a product it would be hair dye, particularly odd, bright colors. I think if more people dye their hair in a funky way it’d be a good way of showing they like showing individuality.
My Questions to You:
- What is your favorite thing to write about?
- How did you get interested in blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- Are you happy with how you look?
- Who is your favorite musician/band/artist/etc.?
- If you could marry any celebrity, who would it be?
- Who is your favorite plus-size celebrity/public figure/person?
- Do you like animals?
- If you could have any profession in the world, what would it be?
- Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
- Who is your favorite real person?
Bloggers I’m Nominating: